Terms & Conditions
Refund and Transfer Policy
- No refunds are offered to entrants, under any circumstances, once payment has been received.
- We do not offer refunds for change of mind and encourage all entrants to take careful note of this prior to entering.
- An entry cannot be transferred to another person at anytime leading up to or during the event.
- It is a condition of entry to this event that you do not allow your event entry to be used by any person other than yourself.
- As it is a health and safety requirement for organisers know the details of all of the people taking part in Hooked on Trout, if anyone is found using an unauthorised event entry, it will result in the disqualification of the person whose entry it belongs to, as well as future bans from all Hooked events for both the entrant and the person using the unauthorised event entry. We take the safety of our entrants seriously and appreciate your understanding of this policy.
Terms & Conditions of Entry
- I have read and accepted the HOOKED on Trout refund and transfer policy.
- I will follow all instructions given by event staff during the event.
- I will wear and have all required apparel and safety gear as specific in the competition rules.
- I understand the competition rules can change leading up to the first day of the event. Organisers will inform participants when changes occur.
- I understand that any photo’s taken during the event may be used for marketing and promotional purposes.
- I enter this event knowing there are risks involved and agree to participate entirely at our own risk. I give consent to receive medical treatment which may be deemed necessary in the event of injury, accident and/or illness during the event.
- On acceptance of my entry, I hereby agree to the exclusion of liability to the event, event directors, officers, contractors, sponsors, volunteer groups, landowners, (and all other individuals associated with this event) from all claims for injuries and or damage (whether fatal or otherwise) I may suffer from participation in this event. I also release and forever discharge the above groups from all actions, suits, proceedings, claims, demands, penalties and fines that may arise from my participation in this event.
- FORCE MAJURE: Uncontrollable circumstances may arise where the event cannot be held on and during the dates advertised. If so the event will be cancelled. No refunds will be given.
- The competition will be held from Friday 19th April beginning at 9am, finishing on Friday 26th April at 5pm.
- All trout entering a competition that need weighing in will need to weighed in prior to 5pm on Friday April 26th to be eligible for prizes.
- A weigh-in if required will take place on each day of the competition, exact times and locations have yet to be agreed.
- In the event of a two fish weighing the same, the first fish over the scales will take the prize.
- It is the angler’s responsibility to ensure the fish are presented and weighed.
- All competitors need to be registered prior to fishing.
- Competitors will follow all instructions given by event staff during the event.
- All boats used must have life jackets for each person on board, flares and a VHF radio or cellphone. (Coastguard Channel is VHF channel 61)
- All anglers must have a current Lake Taupō fishing Licence and adhere to the rules and conditions as stated on the license.
- The organisers have the right to inspect any fish or boats during the competition.
- The competition is held in the spirit of amateur fishing and fair competition. If in the opinion of the organisers, competitors have breached the spirit of the competition, then organisers reserve the right to exclude the competitor(s). The organisers decision will be final.
- Prize giving will take place on Saturday 27th April 2019, at HOOKED Let’s Celebrate. Exact time still to be confirmed.
- All prize winning anglers must attend Hooked Let’s Celebrate to receive their prize. Where an angler cannot attend, organisers need to be informed.
- Competition spot prizes will only be awarded to anglers who attend the prize giving.
- All anglers entering this event understand there are risks involved and agree to participate entirely at their own risk.
- All entrants consent to receive medical treatment which may be deemed necessary in the event of injury, accident and/or illness during the event.
- All entrants agree to the exclusion of liability to the event, event directors, officers, contractors, sponsors, volunteer groups, landowners, (and all other individuals associated with this event) from all claims for injuries and or damage (whether fatal or otherwise) they may suffer from participation in this event. All entrants also release and forever discharge the above groups from all actions, suits, proceedings, claims, demands, penalties and fines that may arise from their participation in this event.
- In the unlikely event an uncontrollable circumstance arises where the event cannot be held on and during the dates advertised, the event will be cancelled and no refunds will be given.
- Fishing can take place in any area of the lake including river estuaries surrounding the lake.
- No undersize fish
- Protect New Zealand lakes stop the spread of invasive weeds, algae and fish. Make sure that any fishing equipment that you transfer into or out of Lake Taupō has been decontaminated using approved Check, Clean and Dry methods. Go to www.biosecurity.govt.nz/cleaning
- If an angler catches a fish with a Hooked $1 million dollar tag, the angler must to take the trout complete with tag to the nearest weigh-in station. Marshals at the station will take the details of the person who caught the trout. Digital photos must be taken of the angler catching the fish and bringing the fish onto the boat. These photos must be shown at the weigh station and shared with event organisers.
- If an angler under the age of 18 catches a tagged fish, he can hand the fish over to a legal parent or guardian for entry into the chance to win a million dollars.
- Only one angler is able to play for the chance to win a million dollars. If more than one tagged trout is caught the anglers will play off on stage to see who will play.
The organisers reserve the right to change or amend the tournament and/or these rules and regulations at any stage, subject to advice from its legal or technical advisers, recommendation from the Coastguard or in the interests of public safety.
Neither the Tournament organiser, nor any director, official, contractor or employee of the Tournament organiser shall have any liability in connection with the Tournament for any damage caused to any vehicle, boat or other property, or loss of property or personal injury or damage of whatever nature or kind howsoever caused.
By purchasing a ticket, you agree to all HOOKED rules and regulations